National Health Center Week August 7 - 13, 2016
National Health Center Week recognizes and celebrates the opportunities that Community Health Centers provide to individuals to receive health care regardless of their insurance status or ability to pay. Community health centers serve over 24 million Americans at more than 9,000 delivery sites in all 50 states. One in every fifteen Americans depends on their services. Health centers are also increasingly becoming the trusted provider of choice for many families, whether they are insured or not. Evidence shows that patients choose health centers because they are convenient, affordable, and offer a range of services from a team of caring professionals.
For 50 years, community health centers have delivered comprehensive, high-quality preventive and primary health care to patients in their communities. During that time, community health centers have become the essential primary care medical home for millions of Americans, including some of the nation’s most vulnerable populations.
This year National Health Center Week will be celebrated August 7th through the 13th. Health Centers across the country will be holding events to show off their health centers to the community, honor their staff, and engage with the community.
La Familia has planned a number of promotions and activities during August 3 – 13, 2016.
- Wednesday, August 3rd from 7:30 AM – 9:00 AM breakfast burritos and coffee to all staff at the Alto Street Clinic in honor of their service to the community’s health needs.
- Wednesday August 3rd from 1 – 3 PM at the Alto & Southside Clinics free healthy Cooking classes will be offered to the community and staff. The public will have an opportunity to sign up for the SNAP program offered by MoGro if they are patients of La Familia. We will also raffle off a several MoGro boxes of healthy veggies.
- Saturday, August 6th from 9 AM – 1 PM Free Immunization clinics at Alto and Southside.
- Saturday, August 6th at 2:30 PM listen to Dr. Wendy Johnson on KSFR 101.1 talks about how La Familia is an innovator in the area of women’s healthcare.
- Tuesday, August 9th 10AM listen to Jay Jolly, CEO, on Hutton radio interview with Richard Eeds, Voice of Santa Fe.
- Wednesday, August 10th 2 – 5 PM Voter Registration Drive at Alto.
- Thursday, August 11th Jay Jolly interviews on Que Suave.
- Thursday, August 11th 2 – 5 PM Voter Registration Drive at Southside.
For more information contact Gloria Martinez, development director at firstname.lastname@example.org
LA FAMILIA HEALTH & WELLNESS FIESTA - THANK YOU (see full story for video) Buckaroo Ball – August 5th, 2017 Healthcare for the Homeless Has Moved To a New Location! Watch Our Divine Decadence Video! Best of Santa Fe 2016 - Thank you for your votes! DALE JENKINS, DDS, HONORED AS DENTAL PROVIDER OF THE YEAR 2016 National Health Center Week August 7 - 13, 2016 LFMC Syringe Exchange Schedule Baby Shower Hosted by Santa Fe Woman's Club The Molina Foundation Awards Books to La Familia Medical Center Congressman Luján’s Staff Offer Mobile Office Hours at La Familia Medical Center on 4/28 Health Care for the Homeless Has Moved La Familia Medical Center Offers Smoking Cessation Classes Are you pregnant and struggling with addiction? La Familia Celebrates National Health Center Week August 9 - 15, 2015 Medicap Pharmacy Closed Santa Fe County Funds Early Childhood Initiatives Divine Decadence Chocolate Challenge Winners Rotary Club of Santa Fe Del Sur Donates Kids Activity Center to Southside Clinic Santa Fe Rotary Club Foundation Funds Anti-Obesity Program La Familia Provides Diabetes Education and Nutrition Information for OB Outreach Brindle Foundation Makes Multi-year Grant to LFMC May 7th Run / Walk Benefits La Familia Medical Center May 6th Baca Gives Back Want to Help LFMC Save Trees and Money?